Education plays a pivotal role in the future of Western Riverside County. An educated workforce will attract a broader level of employers and increase the earning capabilities of residents. WRCOG is committed to expanding higher education and skilled labor training opportunities available to residents in Western Riverside County.
- Support legislation that would improve the quality of, and access to, education for all students.
- Support legislation that encourages public- private partnerships to increase the number of students who are college-ready, enroll and graduate from college, and who achieve degrees that are in demand in Western Riverside County.
- Support legislation that provides funding to retrain individuals for workforce re-entrance.
- Support the development of curriculum geared towards preparing students for sustainable “green collar” and clean technology jobs.
- Support legislation that would allow for the joint use of high school facilities for post-secondary education to expand access to, and enrollment in, college.
- Support legislation that facilitates access to career technical education to fill the growing need for skilled labor.
- Oppose legislation that redirects funding from the K-12 and post-secondary education system in Western Riverside County.